Labels

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Dinner in the Dark + Black Magic Show at Residence Inn Tagaytay

Dinner in the dark? The first thing that came to my mind was perhaps it was a dim-lit dinner of some sorts. But when representatives of the Zoomanity Group and Eye Bank Foundation of the Philippines started discussing that this will be dining in total darkness with visually-impaired/blind persons serving us, I knew I was in for a unique experience.

I was from among a group of bloggers that was invited to experience this unforgettable dinner last October 18 at Residence Inn Tagaytay. Zoomanity Group owns Residence Inn Tagaytay and is a part of the Yupangco Group of Companies. Residence Inn has been a landmark in Tagaytay for years, known for its mini zoo overlooking Taal Lake.



After a few introductions and some briefing, we were instructed to have our jewelleries and watches removed. Mobile phones and cameras were also not allowed inside the dining area (so, sorry no photos for this!). We were blindfolded and ushered in to the room and seated by the blind staff. Even if the blindfolds were removed, it was still total darkness! The staffs were introduced and the one-hour dinner started. It was really a struggle to hold the utensils and get food into my mouth as I cannot see anything. An added factor is I don’t know what is on my plate! But hey, the food tastes great! Based from the taste and texture, I surmised that there was rice, vegetables, fish fillet, breaded meat, and buco pandan for desert. To enhance this “blind” dining experience, a singer (I’m assuming he is blind also) serenaded us all throughout. I was amazed at the blind staff for serving us well despite their condition.

This experience made me understand blind people more and appreciate that gift of sight that God has blessed me with. I encourage everyone to try this one-of-a-kind dining experience on November 1 at Zoocobia Fun Zoo in Clark Pampanga and November 8, 2014 at Zoobic Safari in Subic. Part of the proceeds will be for the benefit of the Eye Bank Foundation of the Philippines.


And our fun night at Residence Inn Tagaytay didn’t stop there. After the “Dinner in the Dark,” we were treated to a “Black Magic Show.” It was a 30-minute performance featuring magic tricks, Halloween characters (Dracula, White Lady, Frankenstein, etc) dancing, and manananggals ziplining!


The Black Magic Show will run every Saturday, 6:00pm from October 25 to November 29, 2014 at Residence Inn Tagaytay. For rates and schedules, please visit:
https://www.facebook.com/zoomanitygroup


4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...