Labels

Friday, April 18, 2014

Sambokojin at SM Southmall

Since buffets are the rave these days, we decided to try one to celebrate my mom’s birthday. Luckily, Sambokojin has a promo—birthday celebrants get to eat-all-you can for free!

Sambokojin’s branch in SM Southmall Las Pinas is big, but since it is a Saturday, we have to queue for a few minutes before we got a table.


Sambokojin has a wide variety of Japanese and Korean specialties, such as tempura, katsu, furai, bulgogi, kamameshi, sushi and sashimi to name a few! 

Each table has a smokeless grill and a variety of sauces that you can mix and match (teriyaki, ponzu, sesame, takumi, etc).


Here are just some photos of what we had:
chapchae, kani tempura,
ojingo bokum (spicy squid), fish cake

foil wrapped & grilled salmon in miso,
foil wrapped & grilled prawns in garlic,
asparagus wrapped in beef,
various meat & pork slices

kani bacon rolls,
us marble beef, fish fillet

shrimp tempura, agedashi tofu,
various ready-to-eat meat


























From all that I’ve eaten, what I liked were the US marble beef, the beef and bacon rolls, the katsus and furais.  My companions said that the chapchae, sukiyaki and gyoza were also good.

Since I’m not so much into oriental cuisine, I filled my tummy with green tea ice cream. I don’t know if I’m just too full but the chocolate mousse cake, ube torte and crème brulee fell short of my expectations.

Overall, it was worth it since it is only PhP 699 per head (They have different rates for weekdays, please check their website).  Plus, they sang a birthday song for my mom and gave a cake, so thank you! I think I’ll go back here on my birthday :)



Sambokojin SM Southmall
Ground floor, Eastwing Food Street
Website: http://sambokojin.com/






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...